1. Professional advice and regulation - an article looking at how will writers are able to give professional advice now (due to training/experience etc) and how regulation may affect things (general advice and standards being raised etc)
2. Appointing executors - their duties and responsibilities
3. Replacing executors - looking at how an executor can be replaced.
4. Overseas property and assets issues
5. Why wills fail
6. Funeral considerations - the choices between cremation/burial/green funerals or not specifying anything in a will and the effect of this.
7. Professional willwriting bodies - a magazine focus article. Taken by the editor.
8. Inheritance tax - when and how it is paid
9. Professional trustees v. lay - looking at the difference, the issues that are caused by having lay execs, what happens when lay execs need replacing etc.
10. Breaking down probate costs - a look at a probate bill - from initial instructions to selling property etc - where do the fes go?
11. Professional qualifications - what they mean - What does it mean to be a solicitor in practice? How is this different from a non solicitor will writer. STEP qualifications and ILEX etc - how does a person differentiate between the different qualifications? Does 30 years of practice but no qualifications = a bad will writer?
12. Definition of a dodgy willwriting firm - how to spot a firm to stay away from, from very low cost wills by home visiting instruction takers, to lack of membership of any body / no PI cover etc.
13. Intestacy rules
14. Finding beneficiaries - practical issues - what can be done to find a lost beneficiary?
15. The Probate Registries - what they do - a short guide to their role, how they help the public etc.